Sorry for not updating in a while.
My life has been madness since my child is mobile. Completely mobile. Pulling up on everything. Following me around the house. Finding little treasures on the floor...ew. Madness.
My sweet little baby is losing all of her baby-ish-ness. Sad times. In just a few short days kid will be 10 months old. How did that happen? Seriously.
Things you may want to know that I probably have not mentioned:
- She says "Mama" and "mamamamama" all the time. Not so much on the "dada."
- Eats only people food now. No baby food. This week we have had some messy adventures. She's a big fan of rotini noodles and marinara sauce (she IS my child, ya know?). Tonight she had her first french fry and she had some hamburger, tomato, and lettuce. She eats what we eat, just torn or chopped up.
- We are glad to be bottle free!!! At 9 months I started taking her off her bottle and started making her use a sippy cup. After about a week, she was bottle free. We didn't really have much trouble. 9 months is a little early to be bottle-free but those Dr. Brown's bottles just have so many parts that are a pain to wash so....we're done with them--until 1 million years from now when/if baby #2 comes.
- She is such a fast crawler now! She can be in one part of the house one minute, blink your eyes and she is gone--completely to another part of the house. This has been an adjustment. No more leaving her laying on the floor (unsupervised) to go potty real quick like. Although, seriously, who is worried? She follows me EVERYwhere. Which leads me to my next bullet...
- Kid is a BIG fan of momma. Seriously. She has to know where I am at all times. If we shared the same skin, we probably wouldn't be close enough for her. She tries to climb up in my loveseat with me (PICTURES ARE COMING, RACHEL. GOSH.haha). If she hears me in the kitchen, she is on her way. She gets oh-so-excited when I come to get her up from her naps. She'll look at me and say, " MAMA! MAMA!" with the biggest smile you've ever seen.
Sweet baby sleeping with Bo--mommy's old bear. She loves him.
Helping mommy with the laundry!
Let's see just how gross we can get...
She gave herself a mowhawk....seriously. Almost peed in my pants.
Hunks of noodle and sauce in her hair. Gross. It stained her scalp.
"and ah that's, and ah that's, and ah that's all folks."