Ya-Ya-Ya-Yes to Vuh-V-V-V-B-S

Monday, July 7, 2008

Week before last (sorry for the delay but we were on vacation!!!!) was Vacation Bible School at First Baptist Melbourne. I volunteered to help and wound up teaching the Kindergarten B class!
I was a little nervous since this was my first VBS since I was actually attending VBS but it turned out to be so much fun!

My kids were great! My student helpers were amazing! And of course, my room was rockin'!

The theme (f0r those who don't live here) was Outrigger Island and each day the preschool class (this included kindergarten) and the children's class who was the best behaved won the coveted "Pink Flamingo" award to carry around all day. My poor kids were slightly disappointed as we were informed EVERY day that we had been tied until the end of the day. Finally, on the last day, we were the winners! My kids were so funny. They decided they needed to name the flamingo and after a class vote, they decided to name the flamingo "Miss Carrie Pinky," needless to say I had nothing to do with the vote but was flattered.

Here are a few pictures:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, too cute!! See me an email--your connect to the myspace pics went bye bye?

Kathy

Denise said...

Looks like you had fun! Yay for "Miss Carrie Pinky" I love it!

Daddy Dale and Mommy Jen said...

Carrie,
Hey there, it looks like you guys had a blast! I love all the decorations! I know that you had asked how I found your blog, I was somehow directed to it when looking for NICU baby blogs. My twins spent a lot of time in the NICU and I am trying to form a support group of parents that have had NICU babies to support current NICU parents! So, do you miss Alabama? We just moved here in May and are still adjusting :) Take care!
Jennifer

Hugs said...

This is the VBS we did too! I had 3 year olds and LOVED it! I hope you had a great time too.