Help!?! I need some ideas...

Monday, July 28, 2008


I need some help planning Ansleigh's first birthday party!

[moment for you to laugh and make fun of me]

Yes, it isn't until December, but those of you who know me well know that I do EVERYthing way ahead of time. Plus, her birthday is right before Christmas and life will be so crazy then!

I'm having trouble finding invitations that I like (that don't cost $90 for 30). I am going to do some evites (you can customize your own!!!) but I want to send out some tangible invitations too...plus I'll need one for her scrapbook, duh. Anyone know where I can find some super cute invites????

I'm having trouble with a theme.I've been considering either princess or pink ladybug. I like both a lot.I've also thought about JoJo's Circus or Tigger & Pooh since those are her favorite shows but I'm just very unsure about that. Maybe even monkeys? Any other ideas?

I know I'll do very basic decorations and very basic plates and stuff like that. I want Ansleigh's little cake to be super cute (no worries, Lolli will take care of this) but I would like some cake ideas. I'm considering cup cakes for everyone else. Ideas? Opinions?

I'm thinking of doing her party at a park (maybe Westbrooke) and just taking her high chair there. Anyone ever done an outdoor first birthday party? It seems easier to have it somewhere where there is a playground. Also, our house isn't exactly conducive to having lots of people (and children) over.

I want her party to be fun and exciting but not ridiculously overboard.

I know I need to do it after her morning nap time (if she's still doing morning naps then)so she'll be a happy camper. Any other suggestions?

Another thing that is a SUPER big deal to me is that her birthday be completely separate from Christmas. I don't want it to be Christmas-y at all. This will be more important as she gets older but I don't want to start slacking at such an early age...lol.

Help me, please!!!! Any and all comments, emails, ideas, websites, and advice are welcome!!!

4 comments:

Hugs said...

www.invitingyoudesigns.com

They are GREAT and fairly inexpensive. I just used them for my sister's wedding programs. If that website doesn't work let me know, I may not have it 100% correct off the top of my head. Hope that helps.

Daddy Dale and Mommy Jen said...

Carrie,
Hi, I have a girl that is going to make Addelynn and Alexander's invites for me. I met her when I was looking for baby shower invites. I will be more than happy to share her with you :) Please email me if you are interested. The twins bday is the 19th of December, so I know how you feel!
Good luck!
Jennifer

Beau and Kellie said...

Don't worry about doing anything to early my husband makes fun of me for the same thing,I started Ethans party 4 months in advance;-).I used birthdaydirect.com and birthdayexpress.com for a lot of my party ideas.

w said...

i *try* to do everything waaay in advance, too. :)

do a tutu theme. you know, where all the guests come in a tutu. moms included. dads not.