4 Month Check-up

Monday, April 14, 2008


Ansleigh went for her 4 month check-up this morning and it was ALL good news!

She weighs 12 pounds and 12 ounces (30th %)
She is 24 1/2 inches long (55th %)
Her head was 41...centimeters I'm guessing (50th %)

Margaret (pediatrician) was amazed at how much Ansleigh talks (I'm not...she gets it honest). She said that Ansleigh is right on track with all of her skills and is a little ahead in some areas. She can move objects from hand to hand and sit up with assistance--both six month skills. Margaret wants her to start spending more time on her tummy than the usual fifteen minutes a day she recommended last visit. She also said she wants me to leave Ansleigh on her belly until she gets really mad and will turn herself over. She rolled over often from 2 weeks until about a month ago and then she just stopped. She also wants her to work on her upper body strength. :o) She was very impressed with how strong Ansleigh's legs are and that she can stand with little assistance.



The bad news is that she got three shots and an oral vaccine. The good news is that she handled it like a trooper!





Also, Margaret wants me to start her on solid foods(other than the rice cereal she gets in some of her bottles). I told her I had been planning on waiting until closer to six months but she insisted that Ansleigh needs more. She isn't being satisfied with just formula anymore, which I knew. So...new adventures are approaching in the Friday household. This week, Ansleigh gets cereal from a spoon. Next week, she gets her first veggie!


The choices are:

  • green beans
  • sweet peas
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes
  • butternut squash
Place your vote!!! :o) Margaret told me it really didn't matter which one I gave her first as long as I only gave her one per week but I want to know what you think.

The one with the most votes will win! :o)

P.S. Pictures of Ansleigh's first "big girl" meal will be appearing soon...stay posted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy. totally sweet potatoes.

Beau and Kellie said...

Carrots are a winner with a lot of babies.

Kristen said...

:o( Eliana has to get her 4 month shots on Friday. I'm interested to see what the doctor says about solids. I'm solely breastfeeding. She's eating 4 times a day and sleeps well (naps and at night). She still pushes things out of her mouth with her tongue and doesn't seem interested in food, so I don't feel she's ready yet. I prefer to wait until closer to 6 months. I can't wait to give her real food, though!

Hugs said...

I think it's only available on Netflix unless you purchase it. It's about midwifery...very interesting.