Wow

Thursday, December 11, 2008

This time last year....

I was going into labor--a month early.

Tracking my contractions on the computer, until it restarted itself.

Telling myself that in an hour, if conditions were the same, I'd call the doctor.

[1 HOUR LATER]

Telling myself that in 30 more minutes, I'd call the doctor if conditions were the same.

[1 HOUR LATER]

Telling myself that there was no way I could be in labor since it was not quite mid-December and Ansleigh wasn't due until January 6.

Convincing myself the contractions were just braxton-hicks and I was being a baby.

[A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER]

Bending over the couch in pain, listening to Anthony tell me, "You sure are mashing that button a lot." --referring to the contraction counter.

Wondering if it was possible to be in this much pain and still be so sleepy.

Convincing myself that I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and I'd just mention this excruciating pain then.

[ABOUT AN HOUR LATER]

Almost falling asleep, leaning over the couch, in pain, with heavy eyelids.




Little did we know that:

1- these were REAL contractions
2-when I went to the doctor on Friday she'd tell me I was a 4 and was having the baby
3-Just hours later I'd be holding my sweet baby girl for the first time.

3 comments:

The Langfords said...

Happy "Labor" Day!! How time flies!!

Rachel said...

:)

Anonymous said...

awww....makes me get all teared up! :)