Black Friday

Saturday, November 29, 2008

We definitely were not the ones out the door at 4 am this morning but we did venture out a little bit.

Anthony's parents stayed in town last night after spending Thanksgiving with my family. Before they left town, Dyan wanted to do a little shopping so Christina, Mom, and I took her out and about. We stopped by Martin's (the best place to shop for Auburn stuff) and Target. She wanted help getting something for Ansleigh's birthday and for Christmas. While we were at Martin's I got a steal on a jacket/coat for Ansleigh. It is made just like the fuzzy northface denali jackets and it is chocolate brown with a hot pink AU on it! It even has a hood! The tag said $54 and some change. It was supposed to be 1/2 off but someone put the wrong sign on that rack and it was marked $19.99. After several minutes of verifying, they had to sell it to me at that price! SCORE! The only thing is that the smallest size it comes in is a 2T. I bought it for her anyway and it is a tad bit big but that just means she can wear it for longer!

Oxford wasn't overly crowded and I was surprised at how not bad Target was...except in the electronics section. Wowza.

While we were out shopping, the boys were at the house with Ansleigh trying to get her to take a nap. Thursday night she didn't go to sleep until 3 and then woke up at least once an hour crying and finally got up at 8ish. She has hardly slept the entire time we've been here.

We weren't back from shopping for very long before we had to take Ansleigh to go get her Christmas pictures made. Speaking of, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go to Rissie B Photography and click on proofs, then click on Friday Christmas and look at Ansleigh's pictures. They will only be up until Monday!

After we got back from pictures, we headed over to good old Leeds, Alabama to visit the new Bass Pro Shop where Ansleigh ended up having her picture made with Santa for free!!!! When I get it scanned I'll post it.

After that we headed back home to watch Home Alone :o)

Last but not least, for those of you who have been looking forward to it, here are some pictures of Ansleigh in her first day of Christmas attire.
-For those of you who may be confused, I made a goal to dress Ansleigh in something Christmas (not something different everyday) everyday until Christmas day and it began today. I have had several requests to post a picture of her each day in her outfit...I guess to hold me accountable or to see if I really do it. I may not get it posted EVERY day but I will do my best.

You can't really see this very well but she has on a dress that is red, green, white, and lime green stripped. The dress has a present on it with curly ribbon for the bow.
This is booger before she went to bed tonight in her new jammies Lolli bought her. They have a gingerbread man on them.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

You've got a cute little girl! My parents have Martin's in Gadsden and they DO have the best Auburn stuff!

Rachel said...

I LOVE Ansleigh's Christmas pictures...so cute!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

The pictures are precious!
She always is smiling...
Glad to hear that you all had a good time! Can't wait to catch up soon....