Weekend with the fam!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This weekend we got to spend some time with some of our favorite people in the world--Chad, Rachel, Turner, & Anna Cate! They came to visit us prior to their Disney trip (where they currently are). We all used to live in Auburn and saw them all the time. Now, they live in Pensacola and we live here and we never see them. :o( In fact, this is only the 5th time we've seen Anna Cate!

We were so busy having fun that I forgot to take many pictures (I know I suck at life) but we did get a a few.

Rachel & Turner with Ansleigh
Anthony & Chad playing Rock Band...what they did ALL weekend
Turner being a boy! :o)
Ansleigh showing everyone her toes.
Anna Cate playing in Ansleigh's car seat. Where are you going, Anna Cate?

We had so much fun just "being" with our family. I almost forgot how much fun it was not needing to go and do, but just to hang out. The boys spent the weekend playing Rock Band (Chad is now addicted...sorry Rach!). Rachel and I spent the weekend just hanging out and talking and taking care of the kids. Rachel even highlighted and cut my hair and made me feel not-so-scanky! The kids just played.

Turner is very into playing cards... specifically war so we spent lots of time doing that with him. Anna Cate is 14 months old and into EVERYthing which was wonderful and interesting and definitely revealing as to what wasn't "baby-proofed." Ansleigh still doesn't do much so she basically just looked around and smiled a lot. Saturday we were all sitting out in the sunroom and Turner was shaking the Auburn shakers at Ansleigh and really got her tickled and she started up one of her giggle fits. I wish we had gotten it recorded but I was so happy that Chad, Rachel, and the kids got to see how cute she is when she gets like that!


These pictures would have been posted sooner, but I spent Sunday and Monday with some kind of NASTY stomach bug and I am just now getting my energy back. Anyway, we enjoyed our weekend and we miss these ones already!

P.S. Happy Birthday, Christina!

1 comments:

Denise said...

What a fun weekend! I'm a little jealous of all the fun y'all had together. ;)