So bored/lonely!

Thursday, November 15, 2007


Anthony has been working on this AMAZING project (a satellite) for the Olympics but this has caused him to have to work second shift.

I used to think that being here during the day was lonely because everyone else was at work while I was sitting here on the couch. Now, I think I've changed my mind.

I used to do housework, buy groceries, run errands, etc. during the day. I can't do that now. That's my time with Anthony. At night, there aren't people I can call to hang out because everyone is with their families and tired from work.

Right now Anthony is working from 5 pm to 4:30 am (!!!!!) which means I'm asleep when he gets home. It usually takes him at least an hour to unwind enough to go to bed. I usually wake up sometime between 9-12 (I know...I'm getting my sleep now since I won't when the baby gets here). I sit in the living room watching tv bored. I can't do housework because that will wake him up. He wakes up around 1-3, eats some lunch while watching at least one of the tv shows he missed from the night before, takes a shower, and then goes to work.

Tuesday and Wednesday are his days off (his weekends...he doesn't get Saturday and Sunday) so that was nice being able to spend some time with him.

I know I sound like I'm complaining but I don't mean to sound that way at all. I know it is a blessing from God because he's making more money now which will help with little critter (as I like to call her) gets here. I think this is just an outlet for me to say that it sucks spending 21 (ish) hours a day by yourself.

Hurry up Ansleigh so I'll have somebody to talk to!!! :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

carrie! i read your blog and just wanted to tell you that i think you are doing a fantastic job with being pregnant and by yourself so much of the time! i can imagine that must be so tough! take those moments to yourself and enjoy them-they are quickly going to disappear!! love you guys!

Anonymous said...

this is amanda c by the way :)

slivengo said...

Hi Carrie!

Just a few more weeks and sweet Ansleigh will be there. Hang in there! Up for some Christmas shopping this weekend!

Sarah :)

Anonymous said...

awwww! i can only imagine friend!
so what will happen when critter does get here-will his schedule change? that is seriously no fun. i love u gurl! i'm here (via myspace). u can email me and send me a bizillion silly surveys if it helps! hehe
love you !
Luann